About the Irish Local Development Network
The Irish Local Development Network was established in 2010 to represent all Local Development Companies throughout Ireland. Our membership currently stands at 49 companies.
The network exists to:
- Provide a united voice for our members on social inclusion and local development issues.
- Promote the work and bottom-up approach of Local Development Companies to both the general public and policy makers through research, policy papers, promotional events and seminars.
- Coordinate cooperation and sharing of learning between our members.
- Liaise with government departments regarding Local Development Company programmes.
- Advocate for government best practice in relation to local and community development policy in Ireland.