ILDN Seeks Significant Changes to SICAP 2
A wider definition of social inclusion, greater local flexibility, a community development approach, additional target groups and enhanced scope to work with the most disadvantaged individuals and communities are the main changes to the next SICAP Programme sought by the Irish Local Development Company.
Representing the 45 SICAP Providers throughout the country, ILDN’s comprehensive position paper reflects the experience of its members over the past few years.
Looking to SICAP 2 which is due to run from the beginning of 2018, ILDN and its members are seeking nine key changes:
1. Adopt a Community-Led Local Development Approach
2. Enhance the programme’s capacity for local flexibility and encourage innovation
3. Broaden the understanding of Social Inclusion
4. Incorporate Thematic, Area-Based and Life-cycle approaches
5. Link the outcomes of the programme to cross-Government commitments to tackle poverty and social exclusion
6. Widen the current monitoring framework to assess impact of the programme across goals and individuals
7. Provide adequate funding to the programme
8. Put in place a modified Resource Allocation model
9. Review commissioning model to ensure continuity of delivery to disadvantaged community and individuals