LDCs & Rural Development
ILDN's 35 rural member companies deliver a specific range of supports and programmes aimed at improving the economy and quality of life for rural communities.
Examples of the type of projects specific to the rural environment include:
- Grant aid and intensive mentoring and support for enterprises in areas ranging from food, craft and tourism to innovative new products and technologies.
- Support for the development of tourism activities
- Support for area-based festivals
- Development of high quality walking trails
- Heritage projects ranging from restoration of historic buildings to historic graves projects
- Support for tourism enterprises
- Development of tourism marketing collectives and tourism brands
- Environmental conservation projects such as river beds and endangered species projects.
- Sustainable energy strategies
- Renewable energy pilot projects
- Rural transport programmes
- Delivery of the Rural Social Scheme. For more information click here.
- Grant aid for the development or improvement of community facilities such as community centres, playgrounds and other recreation spaces.