Many Local Development Companies run Job Clubs on behalf of the Department of Social Protection.
These are generally 3 – 5 week training courses which cover topics aimed to enhance a person’s job search such as:
- Job seeking skills and techniques such as preparing a Curriculum Vitae and application letter
- How to prepare an individual job search plan
- Interview preparation including mock interviews
- Relationship and rapport building
- Verbal communication skills
- Identifying individual strengths and skills
- Exploring local work opportunities
Access is also provided to the facilities of the Job Club including telephones, computer, email and newspapers to help a person in their job search.