What is an LDC?
Local Development Companies (LDCs) are known by many different names throughout Ireland including Local Area Partnerships, LEADER Partnerships, Integrated Development Companies as well as the more obvious Local Development Company. But whether you know your local company as Northside Partnership, Kilkenny LEADER Partnership or Clare Local Development Company there are a number of key features which all LDCs share:
- Bottom-up approach – working with communities to develop local solutions to local issues
- Focus on promoting local economic development
- Focus on addressing inequality and social exclusion
- Governed by a multi-sectoral partnership structure.
- Voluntary Board
- Not-for-profit companies limited by guarantee